Finally! I can talk about one of the biggest upgrades I’ve ever made to the site.
If you want to see 10,000 or so pictures from real weddings from 2007, then the place to go is still YourWeddingStory (though I have plans for that too…). But if you want to see more recent pictures, either because you attended one of the weddings we shot or because you just want a nose around then you want to head over to the new MyWeddingStory client site.
To view any of the weddings you can just click on them. Please note though that some of our clients have requested password protection. If you are a friend or guest then please contact the bride and groom directly for a password or email me directly (though I’m going to want some proof you know them!). Then just enter the password and you’re away.
Here’s a rundown of some of the great new features:
- A reminder of the gallery’s expiry date. Galleries are usually live for 60 days – after that they expire and you won’t be able to view or purchase the pictures. If you like leaving things to the last minute then just click the link on the gallery page.
- Zoom in. Is Aunty Mabel really smiling? Hit the zoom button to enlarge part of the picture on your screen.
- Crop your own pictures! If you select a picture size that isn’t “full frame” then we are going to have to crop it to print it for you. We always do this by hand to get a great looking picture – but maybe you have special requests. No problem, just select the size of picture you want (10X8 is a great one to show this off) and the gallery will show you a default crop. If you don’t like it then just hit the “edit crop” button and drag it where you want. When you order the print we’ll crop it how you want it.
- Want to make a black and white print from a colour picture? No problem. Of course you can order a toned version – now you can preview them too. Select your chosen option from the toning menu. And watch as the picture turns black and white or sepia.
- More stuff to buy. Not just prints (easy). Not just canvasses (select a larger print size and then select “canvas” from the paper type box). Now you can buy framed prints, DVDs, even gift certificates. It’s all right there in the “products” tab. And you have to check out the cool new multi picture frames!
- See that tab between “prints” and “products” called “albums”? Yep, you can now order an entire album online. Once you add it to your basket you can drag pictures to your album and we’ll print it just how you want.
And yes, there are loads more features – like a gift registry and a shopping car that remembers where you were up to. But it’s more fun to find out by trying it! Why not check it out now?
You may also like: